Tuesday, December 2, 2008

STAR BURIED

I withheld my criticism long enough. The organization has made some bold moves recently; however, they have completely bungled the Marbury saga.
I wanted to give D'Antoni the benefit of the doubt, but despite the organizations relative resurgence, it is evident D'Antoni was petrified of Marbury becoming "successful" in his system.

I seriously thought D'Antoni was developing the younger guys and testing the malcontent's temperament, but apparently, that was the furthest thing from his mind.

I watched every single game, summer league, pre season, and regular season. No disrespect to Duhon, and I commend him on his franchise record setting assist total. That being said, I truly believe Marbury had the potential to be even better.

Marbury very nearly averaged an assist for every minute he was on the floor. But that is a moot point because I'll never get to justify my point of view unless he does it for another team.

If they were so hell bent on getting rid of him, why wouldn't you showcase his talent in order to have another team bite on the $22 million? The organization was hoping he would have had a meltdown, or relented to their wishes of a buyout, but they obviously don't know "Starbury" very well.

In any event, I am still an avid Knick fan, and despite all the King James talk, I still think we can win now. I still have a shred of hope cooler heads will prevail and Marbury will don the uniform, and play out the last season, but I won't hold my breath.

The only issue now is Curry. He has been banished to relative obscurity; they don't even talk about him anymore. I hope the organization gives him an ultimatum to shape up, because if he's not on that path, he definitely deserves the parting shot Marbury got. I don't think anyone will have a grievance with that.

No comments: